The Perfect Royal Icing
Here's a quick and easy recipe for the perfect royal icing. Great for big cakes or your little cupcakes and cookies.
657g (1.5lb) Icing Sugar
3 Free-range Egg Whites
3tsp Lemon Juice
Extra Egg White to thin icing if required
1. Sieve the Icing Sugar.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until they become frothy.
3. Add the icing sugar to the egg whites, a spoonful at a time and fold in.
4. Add the lemon juice and Glycerine.
5. Beat the icing until it is stiff and white and stands up in peaks. You may need to thin icing down a little with more egg white.
6. Spread icing over top and sides of the Cake with a palette knife or pipe onto Cupcakes or Cookies.
Don't forget - you can finish off with your favourite Cake Stencil to add that extra wow factor!
Did you like our inspiration post? ... No... Literally, Did you Like it on Facebook. Drop us a comment and let us know what you thought. We post these great little ideas on facebook all the time, why not hop on over and like our page and share our posts on your own page. These posts are here to give everybody an excuse to get crafty. It can could even help to inspire a first time crafter. Please help us spread the word by sharing our posts.